Monday, February 7, 2011

waiting, watching, expecting, and golden brown banana muffins

it's a new week.
full of possibilities.
the possibility of me getting on my little trampoline.
the possibility of  productivity.
the possibility of something exciting happening.
God things.
that's what i want.
God things.

i want to SEE Him show up in my week.
all over the place.
and i want to praise Him.
FEEL Him.
Love Him even more than i do in this moment.

but i'm not going to go frantically searching for Him.
i'll just watch and wait, and be ready to receive.
ready to embrace.

and so, today, while i'm waiting and watching for Him,
i'll bake some banana muffins.
because i have some bananas that are just
over the hill,
but also because it's a "fairly" healthy way for my kids to think they are
being treated to dessert!!
on top of which, my three year old is totally in LOVE with
"nana muffins."

Blue's Banana Muffins
3 lg. bananas (mashed)
1 1/2 cups flour
1 c brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 c butter
2 eggs
1/4 c sour cream
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
bake at 350 for about 15-20 min.
when they are done baking, they will be a lovely golden brown,
and spring back to the touch.  enjoy!  :)

have an amazing week.
expect great things.
great things, indeed!

~ann

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recipe because I have just that many bananas that are now too mushy to eat plain! (My kids and I are banana snobs and only eat them when they're still slightly greenish--after that they're considered "bad." It's a sickness, I know.)

    ReplyDelete